Associate Director, Field Market Access & Payer Partner
EMEA Region West
Compass Life Sciences are partnered with the biggest genetic sequencing applied genomics technology company in the world, in the search for their next associate director, field market access & payer partner who will be focusing on the EMEA west region of the market. The company's mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. They have built a culture fuelled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established the company as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. With a well-established presence in the sector our client is looking for exceptional talent to join their team to support their ongoing growth within the EMEA emerging markets. The role is largely a remote based position that can be based out of the UK, France, Italy and Spain.
This Field Market Access position will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with Southern European payers with focus on France, Italy and Spain to make Next Generation Sequencing the Standard of Care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Overall objective: develop strategic path to reimbursement and execute on associated tactics to enable reimbursement for on-market products and new product development initiatives in assigned countries and Southern European region.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Development of comprehensive strategic business plan and tactical action plans to address the evolving reimbursement related issues impacting the healthcare environment and Illumina's business.
- Evaluation of threats and opportunities arising out of legislation, regulations, Health Technology Assessments from Governments, Health Authorities, public and private payers. Determine their implications and communicate to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Lead the roll out of global tools in-country to enable reimbursement for key product lines by public and private payers, with the intent to support Commercial teams on key accounts to grow business.
- For major launches, champion local evidence generation and peer-reviewed publication strategy in collaboration with Market Development, Clinical Affairs / Medical Affairs and Regulatory Affairs; translate clinical strategy into downstream commercialization efforts. Contribute to product strategy by aligning reimbursement studies incl. primary and secondary research.
- Be the main point of contact to local Payers; work with commercial teams, Market Development, Clinical Affairs to gather feedback from key opinion leaders / payers and understand reimbursement pathways.
- Cross-functional alignment with other functional areas (Health Economic Outcomes Research, Commercial, Regulatory, Government Affairs) to ensure proper value communication with local payers through the different channels available.
- Shape and manage the external environment and the impact of payer/health policy by mapping the decision-making process, identifying the influence tree and influencing both the external and internal stakeholders to deal with them.
- Build and own strong relationships with key external payers and their influencers in the assigned countries and Southern European Region.
- Ensure full representation and participation of Market Access function in country commercial team meetings.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- MD, BSc, Ph.D., PharmD, MS, MPH, or MBA with extensive Market Access / Payer experience in pre-launch and marketed products. Experience in diagnostics / Medical Technology Market Access is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with pricing, reimbursement, and Health Technology Assessments in a relevant local European market with success getting products reimbursed.
- Deep understanding of payer decision-making processes and evidence needed to get positive HTA or reimbursement decision in at least one country of the Southern European region.
- Established professional relationships with key payers and HTA agencies.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in diagnostics / Health Technology product commercialization across therapeutic areas or multiple indications is desirable.
- Strong project management skills with oversight experience in both internal and external projects are necessary. Demonstrated multitasking and time management skills are absolutely essential in this area.
- Strong and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability in participating and leading cross-functional teams, excellent skills in leading without authority, and negotiating and managing through influence.
- Executive level communication skills.
- In addition to English, proficiency in French, Spanish or Italian is desirable
- Change agent
- Strategic Thinker
- Ability to collaborate
- Ability to Influence and impact without direct authority
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please send you CV to Abigail Humphrey at: [email protected]. If you would like to have an informal chat about the role, please call Abigail on: 0239 231 6039/ 07730785969
Compass associates Ltd is acting as a recruitment consultancy for this permanent vacancy; we offer £200 worth of John Lewis voucher for each successful recommendation.