Compass Life Sciences have exclusively partnered with a global powerhouse in Next Generation Sequencing and Advanced Invitro Diagnostics (IVD), to lead the search for an Associate Director within Field Market Access and Payer Partnerships. This is a significant position where you will deliver the strategy for Market Access and Payer engagements across the UK, Ireland, and Nordic regions. You will drive interactions and the development of relationships to make Next Generation Sequencing the Standard of Care.
In this position you will have the overall objective to develop the strategic path to reimbursement and execute on associated tactics to enable reimbursement for on-market products and new product development initiatives in assigned countries from the Northern European region.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Development of comprehensive strategic business plan and tactical action plans to address the evolving reimbursement related issues impacting the healthcare environment and the wider business.
- Evaluation of threats and opportunities arising out of legislation, regulations, Health Technology Assessments from Governments, Health Authorities, public and private payers.
- Determine their implications and communicate to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Lead the roll out of global tools in-country to enable reimbursement for key product lines by public and private payers, with the intent to support Commercial teams on key accounts to grow business.
- For major launches, champion local evidence generation and peer-reviewed publication strategy in collaboration with Market Development, Clinical Affairs / Medical & Scientific Affairs and Regulatory Affairs; translate clinical strategy into downstream commercialization efforts. Contribute to product strategy by aligning reimbursement studies incl. primary and secondary research.
- Be the main point of contact to local Payers; work with commercial teams, Market Development, Clinical Affairs to gather feedback from key opinion leaders / payers and understand reimbursement pathways.
- Cross-functional alignment with other functional areas (Health Economic Outcomes Research, Commercial, Regulatory, Government Affairs) to ensure proper value communication with local payers through the different channels available
- Shape and manage the external environment and the impact of payer/health policy by mapping the decision-making process, identifying the influence tree and influencing both the external and internal stakeholders to deal with them
- Build and own strong relationships with key external payers and their influencers in the Northern European Region
- Ensure full representation and participation of Market Access function in country commercial team meetings
To be considered for this role, our client is looking for the following education and experience;
- MD, BSc, Ph.D., PharmD, MS, MPH, or MBA with extensive Market Access / Payer experience in pre-launch and marketed products. Experience in diagnostics / Medical Technology Market Access is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with pricing, reimbursement, and Health Technology Assessments in a relevant local European market with success getting products reimbursed.
- Deep understanding of payer decision-making processes and evidence needed to get positive HTA or reimbursement decision in at least one country of the Northern European region
- Established professional relationships with key payers and HTA agencies
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in diagnostics / Health Technology product commercialization across therapeutic areas or multiple indications is desirable
- Strong project management skills with oversight experience in both internal and external projects are necessary. Demonstrated multitasking and time management skills are essential in this area.
- Strong and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability in participating and leading cross-functional teams, excellent skills in leading without authority, and negotiating and managing through influence.
- Executive level communication skills.
Our client is offering a fantastic package and opportunity to grow your experience and reputation within this space. To apply or request further information please contact David Jolley at [email protected], or call +44 (0)2393 877 358 or +44 (0)7738 586 627.
Compass Life Sciences is a trading name of Compass Associates Ltd, and acting as a recruitment agency for this permanent vacancy. We are offering a generous referral scheme for any recommendations that lead to successful placements; contact us for more information and detail.