Compass Life Sciences is partnering with an industry leader within medical business in their search for an Associate Director of Market Access. With a well-established presence in the sector our client is looking for exceptional talent to join their team to support their ongoing growth within the EMEA emerging markets. The role is largely a remote based position that can be based out of the UK, Germany, Austria, or the UAE..
As a territory, this area is a key strategic area of growth for our client where significant investments are being made to support the development of new relationships and markets across Eastern Europe, Russia, the Middle East, and Africa.
As a highly experienced Market Access professional, you will use your experience within EMEA emerging markets to navigate the payer decision-making processes within the medical diagnostics sector space. Leveraging your network and contacts within payer communities in these emerging markets, you play a key role in influencing the decision-making process to drive successful development and commercialisation of these markets.
Collaboration is a key driver of success with this role and working in close partnership with other functions within the group is essential to maximise the effectiveness of Market Access. Working closely with Medical Affairs, Government Affairs, and Commercial groups, you will need to be a communicative and reflective individual who is able to use the wider team's abilities and strengths to your advantage to achieve a common goal.
- Development of comprehensive strategic business plans and tactical motion plans to address the evolving reimbursement associated troubles impacting the healthcare environment and our client's business.
- Evaluation of threats and opportunities arising out of legislation, regulations, health technology assessments from Governments, health authorities, Non-Governmental organizations (NGOs), public and private payers. determine their implications and talk to applicable internal stakeholders.
- Lead the roll out of global tools in-country to enable reimbursement for key product lines by public and private payers, with the intent to help commercial teams on key accounts to develop business.
- For fundamental launches, champion local evidence generation and peer reviewed publication strategy in collaboration with cross-functional groups from e.g. marketing, clinical Affairs / scientific Affairs / medical Affairs and Regulatory Affairs; translate clinical strategy into downstream commercialization efforts. make contributions to product strategy by way of aligning compensation studies incl. primary and secondary research.
- Be the primary point of contact to local Payers; work cross-functionally to accumulate feedback from KOLs/payers and understand reimbursement and funding pathways for healthcare technologies.
- Cross-functional alignment with other functional areas (health economic outcomes studies, commercial, Regulatory, government Affairs) to ensure proper value communication with local payers via the different channels available.
- Shape and manage the external environment and the effect of payer/health policy through mapping the decision-making process, identifying the influence tree and influencing both the external and internal stakeholders to deal with them.
- Construct and own strong relationships with key external payers and their influencers in the assigned nations of the emerging Markets region.
- Ensure full representation and participation of market access function in country commercial team meetings.
To be considered for this role our client is looking for seasoned Market Access professionals who are able to demonstrate the following experience;
- Significant experience working in the field of Market Access, specifically within EMEA Emerging Markets with established networks with Payers.
- Experienced working within the Diagnostics sector, ideally with experience working closely with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technologies and other diagnostic screening technologies
- Educated to degree level or PhD in a relevant field
- Business level fluency in English and ideally another language such as Arabic or Russian
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
If you are interested in learning more about this role, or would like a confidential exploratory conversation, contact David Jolley today at DJolley@compassltd.co.uk, or call +44 (0)2393 877 358 or +44 (0)7738 586 627.
Compass Associates Ltd trading as Compass Life Sciences is acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this permanent vacancy; we offer £200 worth of John Lewis Vouchers for each successful recommendation.