Compass Life Sciences have partnered with an innovative global Clinical Development and Manufacturing Organisation (CDMO) focused on research, development and production across a wide variety of sectors including pharmaceuticals, biotech and animal health. Due to rapid global expansion across the industry, our client is seeking a Discovery Sales Manager to further growth within their Discovery Service Portfolio in the West Coast of the USA.
Our client is looking for a talented Business Development professional who has experience working within the CDMO, Pharmaceutical, or similar sectors that directly relate to the provision of Discovery Sciences solutions, to play a pivotal role in the development and growth of this key US market.
This position sits within the Discover Services organisation within our client and includes the a range of service lines including Discovery Chemistry, Discovery Biology, Safety Assessment, Bioinformatics, and Integrated Drug Discovery. Key to being successful in this role will be achieving the closure of new business and achieving sales targets for your assigned territory by building, maintaining and enhancing customer relationships both with new as well as with existing clients. You can expect that this will be achieved by following the sales process which includes but not limited to lead qualification, prospecting by way of cold calls / emails, lead generation via LinkedIn, Global Database, etc., generation of opportunities, bid defence, negotiations, and deal closure.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Achieve targets outlined for Business Closure and Sales
- Develop sales and execute plan for assigned territory, in consultation with Sales Head – Discovery Services
- Drive sales process from effective prospecting, lead generation, opportunity generation, to opportunity closures.
- Generate leads independently and support Inside Sales' lead generation activities
- Engage prospects & customer via face to face meetings and conference calls
- Develop account plans and manage client relationships in a manner reflective of our client's brand.
- Update CRM daily. Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for submission to management. Generate and record Customer Profiles and Market information/intelligence
- Strongly promote Bioinformatics, Discovery Chemistry, Discovery Biology, and Safety Assessment services via events including conferences, tradeshows, networking events, and webinars
To be considered for this role, our client is looking for the following skills and experience;
- Knowledge & understanding of drug discovery process
- Effective Presentation & Negotiation Skills
- Ability to engage customers in a consultative sales model – understand why they are looking to buy externally and what problems our client can really solve for them
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- A team player that can maintain effective communication and manage daily work schedules with cross functional team(s) based internationally
- Partner with individual BU Heads in Discovery & with Head of Discovery Services to share market trends, help define new service offerings as well to capture and close a robust pipeline of existing and new client demand
- Basic academic qualifications are B.S. or M.S. in a scientific/technical field; advanced degree such as Ph.D. (with a business specialization) preferred, but not mandatory
- Scientific / technical education/experience can be relaxed in lieu of excellent sales track record in the pharma industry
- Must have worked in a global environment with a geographically dispersed delivery and support team and well-versed with client engagement process from prospecting to closing
- Proven track record selling services and nurturing relationships with R&D and procurement/sourcing heads of small, mid-sized, specialty and large pharma and biotech companies in the relevant territories
- 8-10years of sales experience in CRO industry or selling into clients within Drug Discovery
- Solid track record of acquiring new clients and exceeding sales targets
- Existing network of contacts in pharma R&D space is a desired advantage
HOW TO APPLY
If this is the job for you and you would like to be considered for this opportunity then get in touch, contact David Jolley directly on +44 (0)2393 877 358 or +44 (0)7738 58 66 27. Alternatively email an updated CV to [email protected].
Compass Life Sciences is a trading name of Compass Associates LTD, who are working as a Recruitment Consultancy for this position.