Compass Life Sciences have partnered with a rapidly expanding international vaccine biotech. The Manufacturing Scientist must be experienced in cell culture, aseptic techniques, cleanroom and in following SOPs.
This is an exciting role for someone to join a newly built manufacturing building, enhance their career and be part of a global effort against disease. You will be provided with the opportunity for personal growth and development all while encouraging work-life balance.
The working hours are initially Mon – Fri day shift, due to vaccine demand this will become a 24/7 manufacturing operation at some point in mid-2021. Shift preferences will be discussed.
- The purpose of this role is to execute defined and trained manufacturing steps for the production of a COVID-19 vaccine according to set procedures and protocols and according to best cGMP work practices and Quality standards.
- Execute production steps defined by SOPs, production records and protocol for manufacture of a Covid vaccine
- Apply best cGMP work practices and techniques
- Conduct on-time reporting according to defined document management standards
- Immediately escalate and report any deviations to materials, facilities, processes or procedures to the supervising team
- Conduct all activities in the most careful and safe manner and in full compliance with HSE requirements
- Ensure that at any time equipment, facilities and materials used in the area of responsibility comply with defined standards
- Support change controls, investigations and CAPAs in the most diligent manner
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and escalate those to the respective manufacturing supervisor or appropriate person
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of an enthusiastic, supportive and collaborative environment within the team setting
- Shift work and out of hours work as may be required
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager in accordance with company requirements
- Be accountable that the individual workspace is clean, tidy and well organised
- Relevant degree or HNC/HND or equivalent experience
- Experience of cell culture and aseptic technique is essential
- Cleanroom experience
- Experience of working within a cGMP environment
- Experience of following SOPs within defined cGMP work practices
- Self-motivated individual
- Excellent comportment in cleanroom environment
- Good attention to detail and adherence to procedures
- Ability to execute activities following direction
- Experience of working in a busy team and at times, demanding environment
If you are seeking a role where you can make a genuine difference apply now. To find out more contact Zoe Pindar-Ark at [email protected] or +44 (0) 161 870 8996
Alternatively, recommend someone you think is suitable. Compass Associates Ltd trading as Compass Life Sciences is acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this permanent vacancy; we offer £200 worth of John Lewis Vouchers for each successful recommendation.