Compass Life Sciences have partnered with an innovative Cell Line Development company based in Oxford. Due to continued success and rapid expansion they are looking to hire an experienced Upstream Process (UPS) Development Scientist.
You will be contributing to the development of novel, state-of-the-art mammalian cell culture upstream processes for exosome-based biotherapeutic products.
The ideal candidate will be a driven self-starter who will be able to hit the ground running, alongside being able to coach and motivate others. This is a really exciting time to progress with the company and develop additional skills.
- Design and execute experiments to develop and optimise cell culture batch, fed batch and perfusion processes for exosome products.
- Mammalian cell culture using single use bioreactors such as shake flasks, high throughput systems such as amr15/ambr250 and 2L stirred tank systems and WAVE bioreactors.
- Apply statistical approaches for process optimisation (DoE, QbD) at small scale (15/250ml ambr high throughput) and translation of small-scale results to process scale-up.
- Scale up of upstream processes (10-200L) to confirm process performance.
- Experience of routine analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting and biochemical assays is desirable.
- Support technology transfer activities for commercial manufacturing.
- Ensure that all experimental and analytical data is documented following data integrity principles.
- Work collaboratively with Research, Cell Line Development, Downstream Process Development, Research Manufacturing and Quality to develop and establish new techniques and recommend alternative approaches and potential solutions to upstream process development issues.
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment and compliance to GMO/ACDP requirements.
- PhD in relevant area with industrial laboratory experience in biologics and/or cell/viral product process development or BSc/MSc with direct industrial laboratory experience as above.
- Proven industry experience in mammalian suspension cell culture batch and fed-batch process development, optimisation and scale up most probably gained in with protein and/or viral products.
- Experience of basal medium and feed development, control, and optimisation.
- Understanding and experience of development and establishment of in-process analytical methods as applied to mammalian cell culture processes.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good conceptual, analytical thinking, problem solving, and organisational skills.
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritise work from multiple projects.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects at the same time and be able to change priorities as needed by the business.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the development of perfusion processes.
- Experience in adherent cell culture, expansion and scale out.
Our client is offering a generous package, competitive salary and a genuine opportunity for someone to make a real difference. To find out more contact Zoe Pindar-Ark at [email protected] or +44 (0)161 870 8996
Alternatively, recommend someone you think is suitable. Compass Associates Ltd trading as Compass Life Sciences is acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this permanent vacancy; we offer £200 worth of John Lewis Vouchers for each successful recommendation.