Compass Life Sciences have partnered with a global Pharmaceutical company that are expanding their footprint within the Immuno-Oncology therapeutic area. To oversee this exciting development, our client is looking for a passionate and talented physician to set the vision, strategy, and lead the early development of innovative and ground breaking therapeutics.
With global responsibility for the Immuno-Oncology pipeline, you will be a seasoned industry physician that has a passion for the development of state of the art therapeutics and have experience working across the Immuno-Oncology arena. In this role you will have overall accountability for the prioritisation and strategic recommendations on assigned assets and the platform including on strategic external partnerships for new areas such as novel combinations opportunities and new therapeutic modalities. In addition to this, you will have broad oversight and responsibility for a wide range of activities including;
- Set the vision and strategy for the Immuno-Oncology (IO) portfolio pipeline;
- Be responsible to design together with GPTs a 'state-of-the-art' product development strategy for the IO platform and composing assets based on state-of-the-art science understanding and patient, regulatory and commercial needs;
- Be accountable for delivering portfolio program milestones in a timely, cost effective and high quality fashion from D3 to First in Man (FIM), through efficacy signal generation in Phase I/II (and as necessary formal Proof of Concept studies) and thereafter for delivery of Early Development contributions to life cycle management, including de-risking of programs and investments as early as possible;
- Liaise with Research, Late Development and Commercial to ensure smooth project transitions through product life-cycle and alignment on the project objectives and deliverables across the portfolio covering multiple MoA across many tumour types;
- Be fully responsible as a physician for all medical/clinical aspects for assigned drug candidates until PoC;
- Be responsible for the ongoing benefit/risk assessment of drug candidates and for taking relevant actions and decisions as appropriate, based on the thorough medical/clinical understanding;
- Ensure appropriate representation of the GPT to governance and other decision-making bodies.
- Ensure timely and transparent and objective communications about program status and issues between GPT and management;
- Constantly review the market environment in order to ensure the program's strategy is meeting patient, regulatory and commercial needs;
- Have comprehensive knowledge of immune-oncology scientific, development and regulatory landscape to enable state-of-the-art development strategies for all assets;
- Be accountable for driving technical reviews for the programs in the portfolio;
- Oversee development of the Target Product Profile (TPP) and revisions thereof;
- Network with Key Opinion Leaders and maintains effective external scientific advisory boards which is especially important for the new and rapidly developing IO territory;
- Drive overall Research and Development assessment and provide medical assessment of in and out-licensing opportunities of development projects;
- Actively seek opportunities to represent our client in various external forums and panels, such as industry consortia, government-industry panels, professional societies and patient-focused groups;
- Create and lead motivated, committed and engaged sGPMs/ECLs and GPT;
To be successful in this position, our client is looking for a passionate innovator that has significant experience working in this field in a senior leadership, strategic role. You will bring prior experience of developing Immuno-Oncology assets through early development, including experience with immune checkpoint inhibitors, coupled with significant leadership experience.
To be considered, you will be expected to be able to demonstrate the following;
- Medically qualified with extensive professional experience;
- Significant experience developing IO assets through early development phases to include considerable experience with immune checkpoint inhibitors;
- Experience with a range of therapeutic modalities such as small molecules, antibodies (including multi-specific) and cell therapy is a substantial advantage;
- Current knowledge and experience of IO drug development in patients
- Knowledge of the whole Research and Development process and the key drivers for success;
- Strong understanding of the elements of drug development programs;
- Track record of achievement in IO within pharmaceutical development;
- Current knowledge of regulatory review and responses;
- Exposure to and understanding of commercial considerations in relation to drug development;
- Evidence of ability to lead and manage a team to deliver to time, cost and quality requirements;
- Able to manage diverse activities to deliver milestones according to set budgets;
- Capable of recognizing when team interventions are required to enhance team effectiveness and utilizing a variety of management and influencing techniques to ensure delivery of the program;
- Ideally a board-certification in Oncology, Haematology-Oncology, or Immunology, or similar qualified experience
If you are interested in a confidential exploratory conversation, to discuss this or other roles, please contact David Jolley at [email protected], or phone +44 (0)7738 586 627.
Compass Life Sciences is a trading named of Compass Associates Ltd, who are acting as a Recruitment Agency for this position.